Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
This course provides an introduction to the five key principles of Lean and includes defining value from the customer perspective, the "eight wastes", the concept of value stream mapping, the characteristics of an effective and efficient workplace, push versus pull systems, engaging the front line in "kaizen".
This course provides an introduction to Lean principles, tools and methods and includes;
- Defining value from the customer's perspective
- Lean thinking & the history of Lean
- Five key principles of Lean
- Eight wastes
- Introduction to value streams and value stream mapping
- Attributes of an effective and efficient workplace
- 5S/6S, visual workplace and standard work
- Push versus pull systems and the concept of flow
- The "kaizen" improvement method
- Hoshin and developing a sustainable CI culture
Estimated effort: 2 hours
BEFORE YOU START THE COURSE: Download the files listed on this page (see below). They can also be downloaded at any time during the training from he files TAB located top right of the training screen. You may wish to print the "Presentation Workbook" which is in a 3-slide per page format with sections for taking notes. You may be prompted at various times during the presentation to pause the recording and complete a brief assignment or answer questions. There is also a resource page that contains links to other sites and tools that will be referenced during your training.
COURSE ELEMENTS: Your course includes a main presentation (video), supplemental articles and, if applicable, links to supplemental recommended resources. Note: Your course test is only based on the content provided in the main presentation (video).
You selected to get the course Introduction to Lean (L001). Please Login or Signup to get it.